Our FFP2 face mask has six layers, and is foldable. The masks have been tested for fluid resistance, filtration efficiency, flammability and biocompatibility. They are designed to capture at least 95% of particles measuring a median of 0.3 µm, and as nanoparticles mainly travel by Brownian motion, they are effectively captured within the FFP2 mask filter via electrostatic and mechanical forces.
The FFP2 face mask has been designed to form a close facial fit, forming a seal around the nose and mouth to help with the efficient filtration of airborne particles. It is currently used in hospitals throughout the Far East by medical professionals. According to the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), the FFP2 mask can function within their design specifications for 8 hours of continuous or intermittent use.
Reuse of FFP2 Face Masks
As studies have shown, Coronaviruses loses their viability significantly after 72 hours. The CDC suggests that even though there is no way of determining the maximum possible number of safe reuses for the FFP2 mask, a suggested maximum number of uses per masks is five to ensure an adequate safety margin, depending that a number of procedures are followed:
- Used FFP2 masks are hung up in a designated storage area or clean, breathable container such as a paper bag after every use for a minimum of 72 hours
- The mask is not shared between people
- The user cleans their hands with soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand sanitiser, before and after touching the mask
- Touching the inside of the mask is avoided as much as possible
- Use a pair of clean, non-sterile gloves when using the FFP2 face mask and performing a user seal check
The mask much be discarded immediately if one of the following occurs:
- The FFP2 respirator has been used on 5 different occasions
- It has been used during aerosol generating procedures
- It is contaminated with blood, respiratory or nasal secretions, or other bodily fluids
- The mask has been in close contact with someone infected with Coronavirus
Pack quantity: sold in packs of 10